Since I had to skip church today, due to my little girl being sick, I thought I’d catch up on some blogging 🙂 Sorry that I haven’t been so faithful with it, but at least I’m not spamming your inbox, huh?
So, here is a yummy recipe that I discovered. I’m made modifications to it, to make it my own.
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 2 large zucchini, diced (You can use any kind of squash really. You can see I threw in some yellow squash/crookneck in mine)
- 1 package of mushrooms (you can buy sliced or slice them yourself)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded cheese (I used monterey jack)
- Whole Wheat Italian bread crumbs
- Place eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, tomato, onion into a large skillet. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Layer vegetables, cheese, and bread crumbs in the dish until all ingredients have been used, ending with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
All the veggies but the mushrooms and onions came from our garden! The kids loved this, and so did the adults. We’ve made it twice so far!