Hi! Long time no see! I am interrupting my customary blogging silence with a yummy dear steak recipe 🙂
My mighty hunter son shot a deer with a muzzle loader rifle from 131 yards away! I’m very proud, and I’m loving the meat too! In this recipe, we are cooking deer steak.
First, I melt butter in my pan.
Then I sear both sides of the steaks.
Next, I rub the steak in my homemade rub.
Butter is added to the top of the steaks before roasting at 425° for 15 minutes
We ate the steak with some fresh fruit. Side note: We are studying the states in home school, so we eat on a state map covered in plastic. It’s just fun!
The finished product! Everyone in the family loves it. We originally coated the steaks in cracked pepper, but the kids thought it was a bit too spicy. I appreciate being able to feed my family healthy game meat.
Oh Deer! Steak
– 2-3 pounds of deer steaks
– 7-8 Tablespoons of butter (divided)
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 bay leaf crumbled
– 3/4 teaspoon thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon sage
– 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
– 1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 Tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Melt about 1 Tablespoon of butter in a pan
3. Sear the outside of the deer steaks in the pan.
4. Move the seared steaks into a 9×13 glass casserole dish
5. Mix together salt, pepper, ginger, bay leaf, thyme, sage, marjoram, soy
sauce, and olive oil. Rub the mixture on all sides the seared steaks
6. Place the remaining butter in slices on top of the seared and seasoned steaks
7. Roast the steaks in the oven for 15 minutes